Monday 14 July 2008

Today, we did nothing you'd want to hear about.

Seriously. I haven't even got a picture to upload. We worked all morning--Brian says I've got Catholic guilt and a Protestant work ethic (how appropriate, given our location), and the two combined lead to intense guilt about not working, a frightening focus while doing work, and pure elation upon completing a task. I think he's right, because today felt good.

Afterward, I went into town while Brian continued working, got tired of shopping almost immediately (it's just the same stores only I'm paying through the teeth on conversion), and got myself a snazzy new haircut just for kicks. When I say "snazzy new haircut", what I mean is, the same friggin' haircut I always end up with, no matter what I ask for. My hair is a one-trick pony. So much for my daydream scenario where Canadian women swoon and fall at my feet back in Ottawa, begging for the address of my stylist, at which time I toss my locks over my shoulder and say, "I had it done in Dublin, darlings."

Anyway, Brian's in a lecture until 10pm, and I'm just biding my time--working a little--until he gets back. He's definitely got a cold, poor bugger.

No comments: